FAQs - Financing with Affirm on Faema.ca
Why use Affirm?
- Prequalify before you buy
Get your Affirm spending limit while you’re still shopping.
- Quick and convenient checkout
Place your order quickly and easily by choosing Affirm as your payment method at checkout. Enter a few details to get an instant decision and complete your purchase.
- Easy payments
Affirm will automatically debit/charge monthly payments using your preferred payment method. Available payment methods may vary depending on the payment plan selected.
How do I use Affirm?
- Select Affirm at checkout
Shop at your favorite stores that offer Affirm and select us as your payment option at checkout.
- Get set up
Use your mobile phone number and email to set up your Affirm plan within 60 seconds. Subject to credit approval.
- Enjoy your purchase!
Confirm your payment plan and then you’re done! Enjoy your purchase today and break up the cost.
Are there requirements to use Affirm?
Yes. To use Affirm, you'll need:
- To be the legal age of majority in the province or territory in which you reside.
- To be a resident of Canada.
- A Canadian bank account or Visa/Mastercard debit card (Your debit card must have the Visa or Mastercard logo). Available payment methods may vary depending on the payment plan selected.
- An SMS-capable Canadian phone number and an email address.
- To meet the minimum cart size required to use Affirm as a payment option at checkout.
How do I sign up for Affirm?
If your basket is eligible for monthly payments with Affirm, the option will be presented at checkout. After confirming your phone number, you’ll be sent a one-time SMS password to confirm your identity. You’ll then enter a few details for an instant decision. If you’re approved, you will have the option to set up your repayment method with Affirm and accept the terms of your payment plan.