Step-by-Step Recipe: Crafting the Perfect Hazelnut Espresso Martini
- Chilled martini glass
- 0.5oz Fabbri Nocciola syrup
- 1oz Kahlua
- 1.5oz vodka
- 2oz freshly brewed espresso
- Two dashes cacao bitters
- Three coffee beans for garnish
- Preparation: Start by chilling your martini glass - a crucial step for that perfect sip.
- The Base: Pour 0.5oz of Fabbri Nocciola syrup into your cocktail shaker.
- The Icy Bed: Fill the shaker with ice to set the stage for our flavors.
- Layering Flavors: Add 1oz of Kahlua over the ice, introducing a coffee liqueur note.
- The Spirit: Follow with 1.5oz of vodka for that smooth, clear kick.
- The Star: Introduce 2oz of freshly brewed Faema espresso, the heart of our drink.
- The Twist: Include two dashes of cacao bitters, adding depth and complexity.
- Shake it Up: Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds, blending all the flavors harmoniously.
- The Finale: Strain the mixture into your chilled glass, presenting a masterpiece.
- Garnish: Add three coffee beans atop, a nod to the espresso's origin.
Tips & Tricks
- Use quality espresso beans for a richer flavor. Our traditional Italian espresso beans are a perfect choice.
- Shake well to create a frothy top, adding a creamy texture to your martini.
- Experiment with the amount of Fabbri Nocciola syrup to suit your taste.
The Story Behind the Drink
The Espresso Martini, a classic cocktail, finds its roots in the late 20th century. Its evolution reflects the ever-changing tastes and trends in the cocktail world. Our version, the Hazelnut Espresso Martini, is a modern twist on this classic, bringing together the traditional robust espresso with the sweet, nutty flair of hazelnut.
Pairing and Occasions
Best enjoyed as an evening drink, it's a great companion for dinners or social gatherings. Pairs wonderfully with desserts, especially those with chocolate or nutty flavors. Ideal for the colder seasons, but its versatility makes it enjoyable year-round.