What is Affirm?
Perfect financing solution
Affirm (formerly known as PayBright) is one of Canada’s leading installment payment platforms, providing
shoppers with buy now, pay later solutions at their favourite retailers, both in-store and online.
By selecting Affirm as a payment method at check-out, customers can enjoy their purchase immediately, while spreading their payments over time.
Why use Affirm?
Prequalify before you buy
Get your Affirm spending limit while you’re still shopping.
Quick and convenient checkout
Place your order quickly and easily by choosing Affirm as your payment method at checkout. Enter a few details to get an instant decision and complete your purchase.
Affirm will automatically debit/charge monthly payments using your preferred payment method. Available payment methods may vary depending on the payment plan selected.
How do I use Affirm?
1. After adding the product to your cart on our WWW.FAEMA.CA website select AFFIRM as your payment option at
2. Get set up. Use your mobile phone number and email to set up your Affirm plan within 60 seconds. Subject to credit approval.
3. Enjoy your purchase! Confirm your payment plan and then you’re done! Enjoy your purchase today and break up the cost.
Example of Monthly Installments
The examples provided are with regards to 0% APR-eligible applicants
|Purchase Amount||Payment Options||Number of Monthly payments||Total repayment Amount||Total cost of borrowing|
Are there requirements to use Affirm?
Yes. You’ll need:
● To be the legal age of majority in the province or territory in which you reside
● To be a resident of Canada
● A Canadian bank account or Visa/Mastercard debit card (Your debit card must have the Visa or Mastercard logo). Available payment methods may vary depending on the payment plan selected.
● An SMS-capable Canadian phone number and an email address
● To meet the minimum cart size required to use Affirm as a payment option at checkout
How do I sign up?
If your basket is eligible for monthly payments with Affirm, the option will be presented at checkout.
After confirming your phone number, you’ll be sent a one-time SMS password to confirm your identity. You’ll then enter a few details for an instant decision.
If you’re approved, you will have the option to set up your repayment method with Affirm and accept the terms of your payment plan.
Are there late or NSF fees?
Affirm does not charge any late or NSF fees. For more information on fees, please see this FAQ article on the Affirm help site.
Does Affirm do a credit check?
Yes, Affirm performs a soft credit check, which does not impact your credit score.
I was not able to complete a Affirm transaction. What happened?
Unfortunately, Affirm is not able to provide payment plans to every applicant. This could be due to the information on your credit file, or because Affirm was not able to verify your identity or your payment method.
Which payment methods are accepted?
Affirm currently accepts pre-authorized debits from your Canadian bank account or a debit card. Available payment methods may vary depending on the payment plan selected. Please note that prepaid cards are not accepted.
Can I prepay my outstanding Affirm balance?
Sure, at any time! There are no penalties or fees for early repayments. To pay off your current balance, please login to the Affirm Customer Portal with the phone number you used to sign up with